Strands Premium Tumblr theme is a dynamic duo of two themes rolled into one to showcase your portfolio and blog all in one spot. Like all of the other Style Hatch themes, Strands comes fully loaded with 80+ features and customization options.
Blog + Portfolio
Strands: Blog features a two column grid layout with a way to tag and highlight your articles and special posts that you want to stand out from the rest. Strands: Portfolio displays all of your photo and photoset posts as thumbnails in a compact grid leading to high-resolution details of your work. Strands: Blog and Strands: Portfolio work great on their own, but to get the most out of the theme you will need to setup a second Tumblr blog for your portfolio**.
**With the way that Tumblr theme credits work, you will need to purchase the theme twice if you plan on using it on two blogs for Strands: Blog and Strands: Portfolio.
Strands has built in support for group blogs, sharing on Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest, and Google Plus, comments powered by Disqus, Instagram feed, and posts you like. Also in the appearances options you’ll find nearly 30 social profile icon links.
Below you will find a list and simple description of each of the theme customization options. If you have any questions about the features shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Background - Sets the theme background color. If you want to have a solid background, make sure you clear the background image option.
- Sidebar Background - Sets the background color of the sidebar.
- Sidebar Title - Sets the text color of the titles on the sidebar.
- Sidebar Nav - Sets the text color of the navigation (pages).
- Sidebar Text - Sets the default text color for the sidebar.
- Sidebar UI - Sets the background color behind the tweets and borders between the sections.
- Post Title - Sets the text color of the post titles. To add a title to a post simply edit the post HTML and wrap the title in <h2></h2> tags.
- Post Header - Sets text color that appears in the header of quote, link, and audio posts.
- Post Header Accent - Sets the accent color for secondary text that appears in the header.
- Post Header Background - Sets the background color of the header.
- Center Line - Sets the color used for the center line and post dots on the line.
- Logo - Upload an image to replace the blog title at the top of the sidebar.
- Background - Upload an image to be used as the site’s overall background. This feature can be used in combination with the “fill background image” option to fit the image to the screen.
- Sidebar - Upload an image to tile on the sidebar.
- Post Header - Upload an image to tile in the header of the posts.
- Always Feature First Post - The most recent post to your blog will be featured at the top across two columns.
- Infinite Scrolling - Enable infinite scrolling to allow visitors to easily load all of your blogs pages.
- Show Center Line - Show the center line along with corresponding post dots.
- Capitalize Titles - Capitalize all of the post, header and sidebar header titles.
- Fill Background Image - Fills the entire browser window with your blog’s background image.
- Fixed Sidebar - Lock the sidebar in place and prevent it from scrolling with your posts.
- Expanded Sidebar - Use an expanded width for the sidebar.
- Show Group Blog Details - As long as your secondary blog is a group blog, this option will allow you to display the group and author details.
- Show Sites I Follow - Displays icons for the sites you follow in the sidebar.
- Light Social Icons - Load light social icons to link to your profiles, or uncheck to load in darker icons useful for light sidebar colors.
- Portfolio Mode - Turns on the portfolio mode to display photo and photoset posts in a tighter grid. Any H2 tag added to the post description will be used for the portfolio title in the grid.
- Blog Title URL - Add an optional different URL associated with the blog title or logo.
- Featured Post Tags - Comma separated list of all the tags that will trigger the two column, wide featured post option. By default the tag ‘featured’ is always enabled.
- Post Description Title - Set the description title used below the post content on permalink pages.
- Post Description - Set the description shown below the post content on permalink pages. This is useful for writing mini-biographies or details following your posts.
- Sidebar Description Title - Set the title that appears above your sidebar blog description.
- Authors Title -Set the title show above the list of group blog authors.
- Liked Title - Set the title show above the list of liked posts.
- Tweets Title - Set the title show above the recent tweets.
- Instagram Title - Set the title above the recent Instagram shots.
- Following Title - Set the title above the list of blogs that you are following on Tumblr.
- Footer Copyright - Set the footer copyright show at the bottom of the sidebar.
Add-Ons and Extensions
- Disqus ID - Add your Disqus Site Shortname to enable comments for your site. Click here to register for a Disqus site account.
- Google Analytics ID - Ascender has asynchronous Google Analytics tracking built into the theme, all you need to do is add your site ID to this option.
- Clicky ID - For realtime tracking of who is on your site right now, goals, campaigns and Twitter monitoring add your Click ID. Clicky does charge for their analytics and tracking, but I highly recommend it for people who are stats junkies. Sign up for an account with Clicky.
- Instagram Access Token - To add your recent Instagram shots head over to stylehatch.co/instagram and follow the easy steps to authorize the theme with Instagram and get your access token.
- Typekit ID - Add your Typekit site ID enable custom typography and font-face fonts for your site. For detailed directions check out our help article on adding Typekit to your Tumblr blog.
- Body Font Family, Title Font Family - Add a standard CSS font stack or Typekit CSS font name to control the body and title fonts.
Add URLs to display the following social site icons below your site description. Note: Make sure you add the full URL, including “http://”.
Behance, Cargo Collective, Delicious, Deviant Art, Digg, Dribbble, Ember, Etsy, Facebook, FFFFound, Flickr, Formspring, Forrst, Foursquare, Gowalla, Last.fm, Linked In, Myspace, Pinterest, Rdio, Skype, Spotify, Slideshare, Soundcloud, Stumbled Upon, Twitter, Vimeo, generic website link, Youtube, and your email address.